Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Power of Self


I have entered an art/photography competition titled "the power of self" which is basically a self portrait competition.


I thought that since I had been doing a few as of late and already had a few in the collection to begin with I might as well go for it and see what happens.


The competition is being curated by some high profile guests including Guggenheim Museum curator Helen Hsu.


The entries are also being rated by the public with a 5 Star system and gives the curators and indication ofthe publics feedback on an artists work and so if you could find the time to drop by the site, have a look and give me a rating that would be awesome.




12 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Hey Gary...Well, I went to your self-portrait portfolio and was able to rate it, but could not find a way to vote for you. Perhaps you could help the voting challenged with a link?

Good luck!

gh said...

I'm sorry Bonnie, I am going to re-word it to "rate" as opposed to "vote"
All you can do is rate the work with a star rating of up to 5 stars.
Thanks much for your time, bonnie.

Anonymous said...

Rated maximum. You deserve this.

Shattered said...

Five stars! Your work has a great deal of depth and is very unique.

Catherine said...

Hi! I've been popping onto your site for awhile now. I love your photos and your work. Some really powerful ~ some really fun ~ and some really moving pictures! I will indeed go over to your Portrait Portfolio. Good stuff!

Good luck to you!

Tess Kincaid said...

Just dropped by and gave you five big stars, Gary. The one with the pipe is just fabulous. It's my personal fave.

DoanLegacy said...

Rated! A wonderful series of self portraits!

Daryl said...

Off to rate or vote .. whichever .. love this one ..

gh said...

Thank you for your support. I'm going to need all the help I can get.
Very much appreciated

Unknown said...

I love your self portraits- powerful, poignant and humorous. You're a shoe in!
good luck!

Karen

Anonymous said...

excellent work here Gary, best of luck in the competition. keep us posted on developments:) r.

Pretty Things said...

Absolutely will do!