Thursday, March 26, 2009

The hole in the roof


I spotted this in an old building that used to be part of a military base near the beach in Fort Tilden in the Rockaways, New York. I loved the contrast of the dark edge of the jagged outline of the hole against the bright blue sky diffused with thick cloud layer. Slight details of the roof interior were kept evident to add to the interest. I also like the warm glow of the late sun coloring the interior beams and rafters. The shapes made from the roof edges at different spots can resemble different things. Ican see what looks like the profile of a man in the left side. . .

3 comments:

Angelshair said...

OOO!! This is surrealistic! I can see the man's profile with a huge hat^_^! Beautiful picture, I love the contrast, the sky seems more luminous surrounded by darkness.

Lauren Maurer said...

Oh! I love this one! Beautiful work!

H A said...

!!!