Saturday, June 27, 2009

Water Towers

As some of my followers may already know, I have been working on a series of photographs of Water Towers in the New York area. This series actually began in 2004 in my film shooting days and has been ongoing ever since. Whenever I happen to see one of these gems perched up proud on a rooftop, I write down its location and try to get there at a time of day when the lighting and sky will add to its charm.
Here are two that I came upon while venturing through Sunset Park, Brooklyn.


N.Y water tower 13

N.Y water towers 12
N.Y. water tower 12

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did not know you were doing this but now I do! Your decision to give the images that vintage look is spot on. Water towers were a necessity from the past that is still functional today but will probably be a bygone in the near future. You are documenting something I think is valuable for NY culture.